The contents of the course cover various essential skills for teaching and learning and are broadly categorized into eight components. Following are the primary topics that would be covered through these components:
1) Academic professionalism: New educational architecture, academic leadership development, professional ethics, academic integrity, mentoring, optimal utilization of resources
2) Critical and analytical skills: Critical thinking, analytical thinking, building power of expressions in students, etc.
3) Life flourishing skills: PERMA, creative thinking, attitude development.
4) Collaborative skills for transdisciplinary research development: Research collaboration and cooperation, Problem based learning, Project based learning
5) Teaching and learning skills: Gardener’s theory of multiple intelligence, levels of learning- Bloom’s taxonomy, classroom management, teaching approaches and strategies, models of teaching, microteaching techniques, Effective communication skills in classroom.
6) Blending technology for efficient teaching: Web designing tools, Assessment tool: testmoz, etc.
7) Teaching skills for differently abled learners: Learning disabilities and its types, Sensitizing teaching fraternity towards differently abled learners, Acts and provisions for differently abled learners, Rights for persons with disability (ACT 2016)
8) Research Skills: Academic & research writing (project writing, consulting report writing), Research and teaching skills, Research based teaching, Research attitude and Aptitude, etc.