|Course Status :||Completed|
|Course Type :||Core|
|Duration :||16 weeks|
|Start Date :||15 Jul 2019|
|End Date :||27 Oct 2019|
|Exam Date :|
1) Blatt, H. and Tracy, R.J. (1996): Petrology (Igneous, Sedimentary, Metamorphic), W.H. Freeman and Co., NewYork.
2) Bucher, K. and Martin, F. (2002): Petrogenesis of Metamorphic Rocks (7th Rev. Ed.), Springer–Verlag,.Eskola P. 1920. The mineral facies of rocks. Norsk. Geol. Tidsskr., 6, 143-194.
3) Eskola P. 1920. The mineral facies of rocks. Norsk. Geol. Tidsskr., 6, 143-194.
4) Frank S. Spear (1993) Metamorphic phase equilibria and pressure-temperature-time paths. Mineralogical Society of America. ISBN 0-939950-34-0.
5) Kerr, P.F. (1959): Optical Mineralogy, McGraw Hill Book Company Inc., New York.
6) Miyashiro, A. (1994) Metamorphic Petrology. Oxford University Press Oxford.
7) Philpotts, A.R. (1994): Principles of Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology, Prentice Hall.
8) Powell, R. (1978): Equilibrium thermodynamics in Petrology: An Introduction, Harper and Row Publ., London.
9) Rastogy, R.P. and Mishra, R.R. (1993): An Introduction to Chemical Thermodynamics, Vikash Publishing House.
10) Spear, F. S. (1993): Mineralogical Phase Equilibria and pressure – temperature – time Paths, Mineralogical Society of America.
11) Spry, A. (1976): Metamorphic Textures, Pergamon Press.
12) Winter J. D., 2001. An introduction to Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology. Prentice-Hall Inc., 695 pages. ISBN 0-13-240342-0.
13) Yardley, B.W.D. (1989). An introduction to metamorphic petrology. Longman.Essex.
14) Maurice E. Tucker, The field description of sedimentary rocks Open University Press, 1982 – Nature
15) M. E. Tucker, Sedimentary Petrology: An Introduction to the Origin of Sedimentary Rocks Publisher: Wiley- Blackwell; 3 edition (June 29, 2001)
16) Sam Boggs, Jr., University of Oregon Petrology of Sedimentary Rocks, 2nd Edition Cambridge, New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Cape Town, Singapore, São Paulo, Delhi.
completed third cycles (Nov. 2016, July, 2017 and
July, 2018) with rating of 4.9 out of 5
Since January 2019, he is engagged in running the two MOOCs one on
Metamorphic Petrology & Thermodynamics for post graduate students and
another on Crystallographic & Mineralogy course for undergraduate students.
He has received Life
Time Achievement Award-2018 for Outstanding
Contribution in the Field of Applied Geology on the Occasion of
International Conference on Energing Issue in Agriculture, Environmental &
Applied Sciences for Sustainable Development at SHUATS, Allahabad.
to his distinct contribution to Scholarship as a Visiting Professor in the Department.