About Course :
This course is designed to provide the candidates a good understanding about the atmospheric and oceanographic phenomenon.
The study of Elements of Climate and the factors influencing the distribution of temperature and pressure are the key aspects covered. Apart from that the Heat budget, Insolation, Air masses, Fronts, Ocean currents are other interesting topics which enlighten the candidates to have a complete picture about the atmosphere and hydrosphere. This paper also explains how closely these two are associated with each other to determine the world climate and there by the life on this earth.
• The students should be able to differentiate between weather and climate.
• The students should be able to understand the horizontal and vertical distribution of temperature.
• The students should be able to describe the relationship between air pressure and wind direction in cyclonic and anticyclonic movement.
• The students should be able to describe tropical air masses and how they move and to describe what happens when different air masses meet.
• The students should be able to explain how storms form, the relationship between jet stream position and storm movement, and make the distinction between warm fronts and cold fronts.
About Course Modules
There are totally 30 modules. Each module covers one topics, and three modules are completed in a week. Each topic consists of classroom Video with background graphics. Text material in the form of Power point and other material such as, Objectives, Summary, Glossary, FAQ, References, Transcript, Assignments and Quiz.
The candidates can easily learn through this material without any difficulty to understand. The greatest advantage in this learning process is at your time and at your place. No any form of compulsion. At your free will you can learn. Candidates are also free to post questions through the swayam portal to get clarification about their doubts.
Advantage of MOOC Learning
In an online platform the candidates are having free will to read material any number of times anywhere as well listen to video any number of times until clearly understood. In a class room teaching once the class is over there is no scope to listen again.
Hence I feel the students of today's generation have a great advantage to learn any subject online. Hope this opportunity provided by the Ministry of India will be utilized.
Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh
2) Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
3) Introducing Physical Geography by Alan Strahler
6) Physical Geography Made simple by Richard H Bryant, Rupa Publications