This course is designed to give students a broad overview of Social psychology, emphasizing on significant concepts, theory, and research.
The main objectives of the course are:
• Develops an understanding of the social psychological concepts like attitudes,attributions and significance of communication in social situations.
• Inculcate in the students, prosocial behaviour, helps in understanding the steps in developing prosocial behaviour and emphasizes on the determinants of prosocial behaviour.
• Helps to develop an understanding on group structure and group functioning and about the concepts related to group dynamics like obedience, conformity, cooperation and competition.
• Focuses on learning about group performance, decision-making in groups and group leadership.
• Enlightens on the concept of aggression, theoretical perspectives and personal, social and situational determinants
• Facilitates techniques to prevent and control aggression in contemporary society.