Dr. Mamta Sharma
Professor, Dept of Psychology,
Punjabi University, Patiala
She has 20 years of University teaching and research experience with specialisation in Counselling Psychology, Health Psychology, Environmental Psychology and Physiological Psychology. Key research areas are Counselling and Behavioural Medicine - Music Therapy and Biofeedback.
She is also peer-reviewer for Texila International Journal of Psychology. She was key note speaker and judge for 4th International e-conference held in Oct.2017 in Texila American University. She has also been a member of academic council for distance learning program. She is a subject-matter expert on the subject of Psychology in many universities.
She has published more than 30 research papers in the journals of national and international repute. She conducted a Post Doctoral Research Project at NADA Centre of Music Therapy, Chennai on “Comparative Study of Hindustani and Carnatic Music on Psychological and Physiological Processes of Aggressive Adolescents".
She has been honoured by the Chief Minister - Punjab on 15th August 2021 by conferring ‘Punjab State Award’ under ‘social service category’ for selfless services given towards the success of Drug Abuse Prevention ‘BUDDY’ and ‘DAPO’ Programs. She has been nominated as Subject expert to provide tele-counselling to deal with Mental Health Issues as part of Punjab Govt’s initiative during COVID-19 Pandemic.
Other Social Responsibility Engagements:
• Nominated as State resource person by the Ministry Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India to train the master trainers under Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan 2020.
• Honoured by the Chief Minister - Punjab on 26th January, 2019 for selfless services given towards the success of Drug Abuse Prevention ‘BUDDY’ and ‘DAPO’ Programs.
• Nominated as Subject Expert in the Committee for Preparing educative material on Anti-Drug Awareness & Prevention Programs by Special Task Force – Pb. Govt.
• Nominated as Subject Expert in the Committee for devising module and course content for training to unemployed youth by Employment Generation Training Dept., Govt. of Punjab, 2019.
• Nominated as Subject Expert in the Committee to provide counselling assistance to students of Punjab battling with exam stress through a special helpline created by Punjab State Commission for Protection of Child Rights from 1st -31st March, 2019.