Dr. Sobhana Mishra did her Masters in Sociology and Ph.D., in Medical Sociology from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai. Has more than 17 years of research and teaching experience in the field of Sociology, Mass Communication and Educational Communication, Educational technology, radio/television broadcast and Social studies. Undergone courses related to educational technology in USA sponsored by USAID in 1996. Also undergone courses on educational television research and production organized by DECU Indian Space Research Organization, Ahmedabad, Government of India in 1988. Worked as Director, Educational Multimedia Research Centre, Madurai Kamaraj University from 2010 to 2017 and retired.
Worked as Research Scientist for 16 years in Educational Media Research Centre, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, which includes media research, production of educational Television programmes and teaching of M.Phil and PG students of Development Communication and Sociology.
• Presented 9 research papers and Authored 22 research reports.
• Undergone training sponsored by USTTI for educational technology at Washington DC, USA and DECU ISRO.
• Member of Central Preview Committee of CEC, New Delhi.
• Guest faculty at Institute of Applied Man Power Research, Planning Commission, Govt of India, New Delhi.
• Life member of various national and international bodies related to medical sociology, communication etc.
• Member, Board of Studies of various organizations.
• Produced 16 educational programmes including Bhatnagar Laureates Series for UGC Countrywide Classroom telecast. Awarded as a co-producer of E-TV programme ‘Mohanjodaro’ produced by EMRC, Madurai Kamaraj University as best programme award. Apart from this Produced 44 videos and 40 e-contents in Sociology for NME-ICT project of MHRD.
• As the Director of EMRC, Madurai developed e-contents for 5 UG courses namely:
1. B.A Sociology, 2. B.A. Karnatic Music, 3. B.Ed Elementary education, 4. B.Ed Special Education for Visually Impaired 5.B.Sc Agricultural Science
39 MOOCs courses were developed in the above subjects under Dr.Sobhana’s guidance.
Since 2010 - Resourse person in training the Teacher participants of HRDC MKU, Avinashilingam Womens University, Coimbatore and various other institutions in Tamilnadu in the Development of E-Contents.