Week 1: Errors in Numerical
1. Ch 1 Mod 1: Error in Numerical Computations.
2. Ch 1 Mod 2: Propagation of Errors and Computer Arithmetic.
Week 2: Interpolation - I
3. Ch 1 Mod 3: Operators in Numerical Analysis.
4. Ch 2 Mod 1: Lagrange’s. Interpolation.
5. Ch 2 Mod 2: Newton’s Interpolation Methods.
6. Ch 2 Mod 3: Central Deference Interpolation Formulae.
Week 3: Interpolation - II
7. Ch 2 Mod 4: Aitken’s and Hermite’s Interpolation Methods.
8. Ch 2 Mod 5: Spline Interpolation.
9. Ch 2 Mod 6: Inverse Interpolation.
10. Ch 2 Mod 7: Bivariate Interpolation.
Week 4: Approximation of Functions
11. Ch 3 Mod 1: Least Squares Method.
12. Ch 3 Mod 2: Approximation of Function by Least Squares Method.
13. Ch 3 Mod 3: Approximation of Function by Chebyshev Polynomials.
Week 5: Solution of Algebraic and Transcendental Equation
14. Ch 4 Mod 1: Newton’s Method to Solve Transcendental Equation.
15. Ch 4 Mod 2: Roots of a Polynomial Equation.
16. Ch 4 Mod 3: Solution of System of Non-linear Equations.
Week 6: Solution of System of Linear Equations-I
17. Ch 5 Mod 1: Matrix Inverse Method.
18. Ch 5 Mod 2: Iteration Methods to Solve System of Linear Equations.
19. Ch 5 Mod 3: Methods of Matrix Factorization.
Week 7: Solution of System of Linear Equations-II
20. Ch 5 Mod 4: Gauss Elimination Method and Tri-diagonal Equations.
21. Ch 5 Mod 5: Generalized Inverse of Matrix.
22. Ch 5 Mod 6: Solution of Inconsistent and Ill Conditioned Systems.
Week 8: Assessment
Week 9: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors of Matrices
23. Ch 6 Mod 1: Construction of Characteristic Equation of a Matrix.
24. Ch 6 Mod 2: Eigenvalue and Eigenvector of Arbitrary Matrices.
25. Ch 6 Mod 3: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors of Symmetric Matrices.
Week 10: Differentiation and Integration-I
26. Ch 7 Mod 1: Numerical Differentiation.
27. Ch 7 Mod 2: Newton-Cotes Quadrature.
Week 11: Differentiation and Integration-II
28. Ch 7 Mod 3: Gaussian Quadrature.
29. Ch 7 Mod 4: Monte-Carlo Method and Double Integration.
Week 12: Ordinary Differential Equations-I
30. Ch 8 Mod 1: Runge-Kutta Methods.
31. Ch 8 Mod 2: Predictor-Corrector Methods.
Week 13: Ordinary Differential Equations-II
32. Ch 8 Mod 3: Finite Difference Method and its Stability.
33. Ch 8 Mod 4: Shooting Method and Stability Analysis.
Week 14: Partial Differential Equations
34. Ch 9 Mod 1: Partial Differential Equation: Parabolic.
35. Ch 9 Mod 2: Partial Differential Equations: Hyperbolic.
36. Ch 9 Mod 3: Partial Differential Equations: Elliptic
Week 15: Final examination
M.K., Iyengar, S.R.K., and Jain, R.K. Numerical Methods for Scientific and Engineering
Computation. New Delhi: New Age International (P) Limited,
Pal, M. Numerical Analysis for Scientists and Engineers: Theory and C Programs. New Delhi: Narosa, Oxford: Alpha Sciences, 2007.
Krishnamurthy, E.V., and Sen, S.K. Numerical Algorithms. New Delhi: Affiliated East-West Press Pvt. Ltd., 1986.
Mathews, J.H. Numerical Methods for Mathematics, Science, and Engineering, 2nd ed., NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1992.
Danilina, N.I., Dubrovskaya, S.N., and Kvasha, O.P., and Smirnov, G.L. Computational Mathematics. Moscow: Mir Publishers, 1998.
Hildebrand, F.B. Introduction of Numerical Analysis. New York: London: McGraw-Hill, 1956.
The course is free for all to enroll. But, for getting a certificate, learner have to register and deposit the registration fee (amount is to be declared latter).
The final examination will be held in first week of May 2021.
Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
The online registration form for examination has to be filled and the certification examination fee has to be paid. More details will be made available when the examination registration form is published. Any changes will be informed accordingly.
Please check the form for more details on the exam cities and other information.
Criteria to get a certificate
Assignment score = 30% among best 8 assignments out of the total 13 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 70% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100.
Final score = Assignment score + Exam score.
Assignment score and final score must be at least 40% separately.
Final score must be at least 40% to get a certificate.
How to get certificate
Certificate contains learner name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.
Only the e-certificate will be made available.