Areas of Specialization: Contemporary Theory, Postcolonial theory and literature, Indian writing in English, Diaspora Literature, Feminism, Cultural Studies, Orientalism, and Digital Humanities.
• M Phil Dissertation: Culture and Hegemony: A Study of Orientalism
• Ph. D Thesis: Positioning Orientalism in the Novels of Amitav Ghosh
Papers Presented- 60 in India 15 outside India
- International Visits: 5
- International Funding: 1
- International Assignments
- Member of Panel for Research, Royal University of Bhutan
Published Papers: 38
Scopus Indexed: 8
Resource Person (Plenary Speaker): 60
Newspaper Publication: 4
• “Interview with Amitav Ghosh Published in Deccan Chronical dated 6 August 2015.
• “Problems of Laughter and The Comic” The Hindustan Times. 29 July 2017.
• Singh, Jai. “Till New Beginnings are made” The Sunday Tribune: Spectrum. 17 June 2018. 4. Print.
Other Academic Contributions
• Contributed to Parable International English – Hindi Dictionary by Abhai Maurya
On the Review board and Editorial, board of various Research Journals
1. Editor in Chief: Quote Unquote
2. Guest Editor: Literary Miscellany
3. Guest Editor: Literaria
4. Editorial Board The Contour
5. Editorial Board The Literati: A Peer Reviewed Journal of Language & Literature
6. Review Board, The Postcolonial Text
7. Review Board, ICIK
8. Review Board, Asian Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
9. Review Board, Amsterdam University Press, for the section on Continental Literature
10. Review Board, Amsterdam University Press, for the section on Asian Studies
11. Review Board, Duke University Press, for the section on Asian Studies