Week 1: Innovation as key source of Business
- Why is it hard to innovate?
- What Makes Innovators Different?
- Types of Innovation
- Innovator’s Dilemma – the essence of marketing to resolve the dilemma
- The link between innovative ideas, innovation and Marketing
Week 2: How to Succeed in Marketing
- Marketing Remix- Introducing 4A’s
- Think like a customer
- Managing Acceptability
- Managing Affordability
- Managing Accessibility
- Managing Awareness
- Applying 4 A Analysis
Week 3: Understanding Consumer Behavior
- Do Consumer really have a Hierarchy of Motivations?
- Why we buy, what we buy?
- Consumer Decisions and Relationships
- Climate Consumption and Culture
- Online Consumer Behavior
Week 4: Setting New Product Development Goals
- Introduction to New Product Development
- A framework for successful New Product Development
- The factors of success for new product development
- Product Development Methodologies and Organization
- Opportunity Identification and Selection
Week 5: Design Thinking Process for Product development
- Building Capabilities for Execution
- Applying design thinking to drive innovation
- Improving product development and innovation strategy
- Examining the best practices in prototyping and experimentation
Week 6: Managing Innovation
- Why do most innovations fail?
- How to Develop Affordable innovations?
- Disruptive Innovation Model
Week 7: New Product Adoption
- Diffusion of Innovation Theory
- Assessing the drivers of new product adoption
- Consumer Adoption Patterns
- Determining promotional strategy
- Considering overall product positioning
- Factors of the success of Product innovation
Week 8 - Topic: Linking Innovation strategy to Product Launch
- Bringing Innovations to Market
- The Innovators License
- Network Externalities or Effects
- The trajectory of buzz
- Go-to Market Campaign
- Targeting revenue leaders instead of Influencers