Educational Communication Technologies course has five blocks:
Block 1: Communication Technology: Basics
Block 2: Technology Primer
Block 3: Content Creation Tools
Block 4: Interactive Delivery Methods
Block 5: Learning Portfolio
Pedagogy of the Course
The Learner has expected to spend:
• One hundred and twenty hours to complete the course.
• Nearly eighty videos and essential readings which will also be the self learning material on which the assessment questions will be based.
• Internal assessment would be through assignments and quizzes. In addition, there will be discussion forums also.
• Proctored examination at the end of the Course covering all the blocks.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
• Critically examine the process of educational communication to plan, design and use appropriate communication technologies in context;
• Identify the range of educational communication technologies, and their relative strengths and weaknesses;
• Use educational communication technologies confidently to create digital content and deliver these through new information technologies;
• Discuss and explain the general trends in the developments and use of educational communication technologies at national and international level; and
• Create engaging, collaborative, reflective and authentic learning environments for delivery of
education and training.
On the successful completion of this course learners are expected to create digital content and deliver these through new information technologies and engage, collaborative, reflective and authentic learning environments for delivery of education and training in a wider perspective.