The new National Education Policy - 2020 (NEP-2020) was notified by the Government of India in July 2020, 34 years after the last NPE was notified in 1986. The NEP-2020 provides for a comprehensive, sustainable and reformative roadmap for a paradigm shift in the entire education system in the country, and is culturally grounded, is geared toward quality transformation, and is internationally competitive. In so far as higher education is concerned, besides proposing for foundational principles for educational change in relation to Indian traditional knowledge, culture and values, the NEP-2020 proposes reforms in all areas of higher education, including its structure, curriculum and pedagogy, teaching-learning strategies, learning resources and technology-enabled learning, vocational education and skilling and employability, 21st century learning and social and life skills, optimal learning environment and learner support, formative and summative assessment, internationalization, research and scholarship, governance and leadership, and regulation and accreditation.
This 2-Credit course aims at development of awareness and understanding toward appreciating and appropriating the nuances, thrusts, recommendations of NEP-2020, and formulate implementation strategies at various levels for its smooth, effective and sustainable implementation.
PDP Learning Outcomes
The 2-Credit Course is targeted primarily to administrators and general practitioners of higher education. After going through the programme, the participants shall be well-equipped with awareness knowledge about various dimensions of NEP-2020. More specifically, they will be able to:
· Describe the foundational principles of NEP-2020, structural arrangements, GER, access, equity, inclusion, and 21st century learning in higher education, and plan for their further growth and development.
· Analyse and reflect upon Bhartiya Gyan Parampara, culture and values, holistic and multidisciplinary education, curriculum and pedagogy, multiple entry-exit, skilling and employability, optimal leaning environment and learner support, academic bank of credits, assessment strategies, and formulate plan of action in these areas.
· Analyse various components of online and digital education /technology-enabled learning/ blended learning, OERs, MOOCs and flipped classrooms, and visualise effective implementation of flipped and blended learning in teaching-learning, learner support, and learner management/ analytics.
· Describe the status and possibilities of cross-border delivery, internationalisation of curriculum; and underline the importance of quality academic research, and regulation and quality assurance in developing an academic culture of evidence-based teaching-learning. Articulate and reflect upon the changing role of faculty, academic leadership and governance, and innovation strategies in grounding the NEP into implementation reality and strategize its effective and appropriate implementation.
|Course Status :||Ongoing|
|Course Type :||Not Applicable|
|Duration :||4 weeks|
|Credit Points :||2|
|Start Date :||01 Feb 2023|
|End Date :||28 Feb 2023|
|Exam Date :||01 Mar 2023 IST|
Note: This exam date is subjected to change based on seat availability. You can check final exam date on your hall ticket.
Module 1: Foundations: Structure, Access, Equity, and Bhartiya Gyan Parampara
· Unit 1: Role of Policy in Higher Education: Contours of NEP-2020.
· Unit 2: GER, Access, Equity and Inclusion.
· Unit 3: Bhartiya Gyan Parampara, Culture and Values.
Module 2: Curriculum, Teaching-Learning and Assessment
· Unit 4: Curriculum and Pedagogy.
· Unit 5: Holistic and Multidisciplinary Education, Multiple Entry-Exit.
· Unit 6: Enabling Learning Environment (and Learner Support) for Optimal Learning.
· Unit 7: Vocational Education, and Skilling and Employability.
· Unit 8: Innovative Formative and Summative Assessment.
Module 3: Technology, Internationalisation, Research, and Regulations
· Unit 9: Digital Education/ Technology-Enabled Learning.
· Unit 10: Cross-Border Education/Internationalisation of Education.
· Unit 11: Quality Academic Research.
· Unit 12: Regulation and Quality Assurance.
Module 4: Changing Role of Faculty, and Governance and Leadership
· Unit 13: Role of Teachers.· Unit 14: Governance and Leadership in Higher Education.
This 2-Credit course, targeted primarily towards the University Administrators and General Practitioner of Higher Education is also open to all others who would like to learn the nuances and implementation of NEP-2020. Internal assessment with objective type questions will be conducted, and those securing 40% and above marks will get Course Completion Certificate.
Those who attend the 4-weeks course without attempting the internal assessment would be given an Awareness Certificate.